BEFORE PROCEEDING PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING SCREEN CAREFULLY.
THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT SECTIONS ON THE PAYROLL SOFTWARE. THE INFORMATION YOU ENTER FOR EACH EMPLOYEE WILL DETERMINE THE PAYE, PRSI & USC THEY WILL PAY DURING THE TAX YEAR.
To access this utility go to Process ICON no. 1 OR Employees > Add/Amend Employee details > Personal details Tab
* Important Note: If the PPS number is unknown, you should ensure that the employee's date of birth and address are entered.
- Enter Employee's Surname
- Enter Employee's First Name
- Enter Employee's Address (if known) - You must input an address if the employee's PPS number is unknown.
- Enter Employee's Date of birth -You must input a date of birth if the employee is over 66, under 16 or the PPS number is unknown.
- Enter the Employees email address and password to facilitate secure emailing of payslips
- Select department if applicable - For help with setting up departments - Go to Dept. > Click F1 for help
- Enter Employee's PPS Number - If a message appears indicating that the PPS number entered is incorrect it is important that the incorrect PPS number is removed. An address & date of birth should be entered until the correct PPS number is received.
- Enter Works number if applicable -The works number can be left blank in which case the software will set the number for each employee in numerical order.If however you would like to keep existing works numbers,then you will need to input the works number relevant for each employee.
- Enter Hourly Rate if applicable - If the employee is not paid by the hour, it is not necessary to enter an hourly rate.
- Enter Weekly/Monthly/Fortnightly Pay if applicable - If the employee is paid by the hour it is not necessary to enter a weekly/monthly/fortnightly pay.
- If you wish to email password protected payslips to employees, enter the employee's email address and password.
- If you wish to pay the employee into their bank account you will need to enter the following:
Sort Code * Compulsory field
Account Number * Compulsory field
Credit Union Reference
There is no need to enter the BIC or IBAN for each employee as the payroll software will automatically convert the National Sort Code and 8 digit Bank Account Number into the BIC and IBAN format when creating a SEPA Bank payment file.
PERSONAL DETAILS ARE NOW COMPLETE.
BEFORE THE EMPLOYEE CAN BE UPDATED ONTO YOUR PAYROLL SOFTWARE YOU MUST ENTER REVENUE DETAILS.