Adding a new company
The Add New Company wizard should only be used if you do NOT have a backup or a P2C file.
1. TO SET UP A NEW COMPANY
To access this utility go to File > Add New Company >
- Enter Company Name
- Enter Company address
- Click Next
- Enter Employer Registered Number -This is your PAYE registered number and is normally 7 digits and 1 or 2 letters. The employer registered number is often the same as your VAT number.
- Click Next
- If you wish to run fortnightly payroll instead of weekly payroll, tick the box provided to indicate this
- You will be able to run a combination of either Fortnightly & Monthly payroll OR Weekly & Monthly payroll but NOT Weekly & Fortnightly.
- Enter a password of your own choosing in both boxes - your password must be 4 alpha/numeric characters e.g. Pass, 1234, AB12.
- Click Finish once a password has been entered
- Select Weekly or Monthly OR Select Fortnightly or Monthly. In the Windows menu you can choose between payroll types.
2. TO SET UP A NEW COMPANY FROM A THESAURUS BACKUP
This utility can be used if your accountant/bookkeeper has been processing your payroll to date on Thesaurus Payroll Manager. Simply ask them to give you a backup for your company's payroll. This backup will contain all payroll information that the accountant has processed to date.
The backup can be restored to your own Thesaurus software. This allows you to then continue processing the payroll from wherever the accountant left off. This utility facilitates fast company setup.
- To access this utility go to File > Restore Data Files >
- Within the "Restore From" box choose the location of the backup you wish to restore.
- Once you have selected the location of the backup, the company name will be read from the backup and shown on the right hand side.
- Highlight the company name and click "Restore" the program will automatically set up the company and restore the payroll data contained within that backup.
3. TO CREATE A COMPANY FROM REVENUE P2C FILE
To access this utility go to File> Create Company from Revenue P2C file>
- Click Tax Credit File
- Select the P2C file that has been exported from ROS e.g. p2cExport_4000081L_ALL.csv or p2cExport_4000081L_AMD.csv
- Highlight the P2C file
- Click Open
- The program will read the company details from the P2C file, identify the file to you and ask if you would like the company set up. Click Yes to set up the company.
You will be prompted to click NEXT to continue to complete the Company set up.
- The Company Name will be completed from the P2C file.
- Enter Company Address as shown on Revenue returns.
- Click Next to proceed
- Check that Employer Registered Number shown is correct. Amend if necessary or click Next to proceed. (The employer registered number is normally 7 digits and 1 or 2 letters and is often the same as your VAT number.)
- Click Next to proceed
- If you wish to run fortnightly payroll instead of weekly payroll, tick the box provided to indicate this.You will be able to run a combination of either Fortnightly & Monthly payroll OR Weekly & Monthly payroll but NOT Weekly & Fortnightly.
- Set up a Password to restrict access to the payroll program to make it secure. Enter a password of your own choosing in both boxes - your password must be 4 alpha/numeric characters e.g. Pass, 1234, AB12.
- Click Finish once a password has been entered.
Your company is now set up.
- Indicate which pay frequency you wish to place your employees on - weekly, monthly or both if you have employees under both pay frequencies.
- All employees will be listed in the box provided. Some may have left your employment and these employees should now be removed using the << button. Highlight the employee's name that is no longer in your employment and click << button.
- To replace an employee that has been removed in error, simply highlight the employee's name and click the >> button.
- Please note that any employees not listed on the Revenue P2C file, can be added later.
- When all amendments are complete and the employee list is correct, click Finish.
- It is important to note that the Revenue P2C file does not contain a PRSI class for each employee - therefore the software will set the PRSI class at A1. This can be amended by going to Employees> Add/Amend employee details > Revenue details.
The set up of your company and employees from the Revenue P2C file is complete.
You should now proceed to the Employees > Add/Amend Employees to complete the additional information for each employee that is not contained within the P2C file such as:
- Gross Periodical Pay / Hourly Rate
- Pay Method (Bank details if they are to be paid by credit transfer)