Submitting a Batch P46 to ROS
This utility facilitates the submission of multiple (maximum 10) P46s for new employees who do not have a P45 from their previous employment, through ROS. Each employee must be entered in the Add/Amend Employees section before proceeding. For assistance with this click here
- A P46 should only be submitted to Revenue where a P45 has not been received from the new employee and the new employee hasn't registered their new employment themselves through Revenue's 'myAccount' service. If you have received a P45 from the new employee, then a P45 Part 3 must be submitted instead.
- The submission of the P46 will result in Revenue issuing a Tax Credit Certificate to the new employer (P2C via ROS).
- All P46 submissions must include a valid employee PPS number. Revenue and ROS will not accept these submissions without a PPSN.
Submitting a P46 Batch File to ROS
To access this utility, go to ROS > P46 and P45 (Part 3) > P46 Batch File
- Select the Employee
- Click Prepare File
- Indicate the name in which you would like to save the file
- Click Save
- The P46 file is now ready to be uploaded to ROS
Submitting the P46 Batch File to ROS
To upload the P46 batch file, go to www.revenue.ie > Login in ROS
- Under My Services - Select Upload Form(s) Completed Offline
- Select New Employee
- Click Upload Return
- Browse to your saved P46 batch file
- Click Add File(s)
- Enter your Password
- Click Upload File(s)
Once successfully submitted, confirmation will display on screen accompanied by a confirmation number for the submission.