Re-starting the Payroll Year
Should you wish to reset your payroll files back to the beginning of the tax year but wish to retain your employee records, this can be done as follows:
- Go to Help > About Thesaurus Payroll
- Press Ctrl + N on your keyboard
You will now be presented with a 'Restart Payroll Year' screen.
- Highlight the company you wish to reset
- Select whether you would like to:
- Restart payroll and delete any benefit in kind records you have entered
- Restart payroll and wish to retain any benefit in kind records you have entered
- Delete departed employees
- You will now be presented with a warning message. Should you wish to continue with the reset, click Yes.
Your data will now be cleared down.
Please note: performing the above you will result in the following:
- all cumulatives will be set to zero and all payroll processed will be lost (for all pay frequencies)
- employees' current revenue details will be retained
- bank details, if applicable, will also be retained