The Government’s “Work Safely Protocol” sets out a number of measures employers must consider as they reopen their businesses and bring staff back to work safely.
In terms of bringing staff back to work, employers should put in place a number of measures, including:
1) Employees must be issued with a pre-return to work form to be completed at least 3 days prior to their return. In completing the form, employees will self-declare as being fit to return to work. If a worker answers Yes to any of the questions, they are strongly advised to seek medical advise before returning to work. A template questionnaire including all required questions can be downloaded here.
2) Induction training should be provided for all workers. At a minimum it should include:
3) Following a risk assessment, employers should arrange for the necessary controls to be put in place to prevent the spread of Covid-19 in the workplace.
4) Temperature testing should be implemented in line with Public Health advice.
5) Review and revise existing sick leave policies and amend as appropriate and in line with Covid-19 procedures. A revised sick leave policy is now available in Bright Contracts.
The full Work Safely Protocol can be viewed here.
Need help? Support is available at 01 8352074 or firstname.lastname@example.org.