Deleting a Customer
ONCE A CUSTOMER ACCOUNT IS DELETED THE CUSTOMER NAME IS COMPLETELY DELETED FROM THE CUSTOMER LISTING & HISTORY.
SALES > ADD/AMEND CUSTOMERS
1) Select the Customer from the drop down list by clicking on the down arrow to scroll through the list of Customers which is sorted alphabetically.
2) Once selected, a "Delete" option appears in the bottom left hand corner of the "Add / Amend Customers" screen.
3) Click on 'Delete' to delete the Customer Account.
Please Note: Ii a Customer has transactions linked to its account you will not be allowed to delete the Customer. You will be prompted if there are transactions linked to the Customer account.
TO DELETE THE CUSTOMER ACCOUNT AND THE HISTORICAL TRANSACTIONS
IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO DELETE A CUSTOMER ACCOUNT WHICH HAS HISTORICAL TRANSACTIONS POSTED TO IT.
SHOULD YOU WISH TO DELETE A CUSTOMER ACCOUNT AND THE HISTORY OF TRANSACTIONS LINKED TO IT THEN EACH HISTORICAL TRANSACTION MUST BE INDIVIDUALLY DELETED THEN THE CUSTOMER NAME CAN ALSO BE DELETED.
Ascertain the complete history of transactions
To capture a list of all the historical transactions linked to a particular Customer accounts go to REPORTS> AGED DEBTORS / AGED CUSTOMER LISTING>
- Enter today's date and prepare the report.
- Double click on on the Customer in question and a list of the transactions will be available to print.
- Print this list of transactions, each transaction must now be deleted individually.
Delete the transactions
To delete the individual transactions go to FILE> DAYBOOK & CORRECTIONS>
Enter the Start and End date for the first transaction that you wish to delete and click "Ok" to run the report.
Locate the transaction on screen. Double click on the entry and type "delete" where indicated to delete the actual transaction.
Repeat the process for each transaction that you wish to delete.
Run the Daybook and Corrections report for each transaction date and delete each transaction in the same manner.
Delete the customer
Once the history of transactions have been deleted the Customer Account can now be deleted. Go to SALES> ADD / AMEND CUSTOMERS:
Select the Customer Account.
Once selected, a "Delete" option appears in the bottom left corner of the "Add/Amend Customer" screen.
Simply click "Delete"
All traces of the Customer have been deleted.