Deleting a Supplier
ONCE A SUPPLIER ACCOUNT IS DELETED THE SUPPLIER NAME IS COMPLETELY DELETED FROM THE SUPPLIER LISTING & HISTORY.
PURCHASES> ADD/AMEND SUPPLIERS
1) Select the supplier from the drop down list by clicking on the down arrow to scroll through the list of Suppliers which is sorted alphabetically.
2) Once selected a "Delete" option appears in the bottom left hand corner of the "Add / Amend Supplier" screen.
3) Click on 'Delete' to delete the Supplier Account.
Please Note: if a Supplier has transactions linked to its account you will not be allowed to delete the Supplier. You will be prompted if there are transactions linked to the Supplier account.
TO DELETE THE SUPPLIER ACCOUNT AND THE HISTORICAL TRANSACTIONS
IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO DELETE A SUPPLIER ACCOUNT WHICH HAS HISTORICAL TRANSACTIONS POSTED TO IT.
SHOULD YOU WISH TO DELETE A SUPPLIER ACCOUNT AND THE HISTORY OF TRANSACTIONS LINKED TO IT THEN EACH HISTORICAL TRANSACTION MUST BE INDIVIDUALLY DELETED THEN THE SUPPLIER NAME CAN ALSO BE DELETED.
Ascertain the complete history of transactions
To capture a list of all the historical transactions linked to a particular supplier accounts go to REPORTS> AGED CREDITOR / AGED SUPPLIER LISTING
- Enter today's date and prepare the report.
- Double click on on the Supplier in question and a list of the transactions will be available to print.
- Print this list of transactions - each transaction must now be deleted individually.
Delete the transactions
To delete the individual transactions, go to FILE> DAYBOOK & CORRECTIONS:
- Enter the Start and End date for the first transaction that you wish to delete and click "Ok" to run the report.
- Locate the transaction on screen. Double click on the entry and type "delete" where indicated to delete the actual transaction.
- Repeat the process for each transaction that you wish to delete.
- Run the Daybook and Corrections report for each transaction date and delete each transaction in the same manner.
Delete the supplier
Once the history of transactions have been deleted the Supplier Account can now be deleted. Go to PURCHASES> ADD / AMEND SUPPLIERS:
- Select the Supplier Account.
- Once selected, a "Delete" option appears in the bottom left corner of the "Add/Amend Supplier" screen.
- Simply click "Delete"
All traces of the Supplier have been deleted.