GDPR: One Year On
It’s been one year since the introduction of the GDPR, and employers and accountants are reviewing their systems, processes and procedures on an ongoing basis to ensure they are doing their best to avoid hefty non-compliance penalties.
Thesaurus Connect is tailored to help you overcome some of the key challenges GDPR presents when processing payroll. Although Thesaurus Payroll Manager is a desktop application,Thesaurus Connect enables users to store their payroll information in the cloud. Because the payroll information is stored online, it has allowed us to bring you even more functionality and benefits, enabling users to work quicker, more efficiently and more profitably within the scope of the GDPR guidelines.
GDPR Benefits of Thesaurus Connect
- Secure Backup - Thesaurus Connect enables you to securely backup your payroll data to the cloud. With the GDPR, it is important to keep a copy of payroll files safe in case of fire, theft, damaged computers or cyber-attacks. Thesaurus Connect maintains a chronological history of all backups which can be restored or downloaded at any time, keeping your payroll records protected.
- Self-Service Access - Under the GDPR legislation, where possible the controller should be able to provide self-service remote access to a secure system which would provide the data subject with direct access to his or her personal data. Since the payroll data is stored online, you can invite employees to their own password-protected self-service portal, which is accessible on any device. This fulfils the recommendation to provide remote access to a secure system where employees would have direct access to their personal data.
- Reduce Confidential Emails - For payroll bureaus, clients can log in to the employer dashboard anytime and run their payroll reports. As soon as the payroll is finalised, any report that is saved in the payroll software will automatically be available to the client on Thesaurus Connect, eliminating the need to manually run the report and email it to the client. Instead, this reduces your workload while securely giving these sensitive, payroll documents to the client, through the online account. Similarly, payslips will also be available to the employer as soon as they have been finalised.
- HR Documents - Employers can upload sensitive HR documents and confidential employee payroll information, again eliminating emails containing sensitive information. Employers can upload documents, resources and links for all employees (e.g. company handbook), individual employees (e.g. employment contract), departments (e.g. training documents) or they can choose to hide them from employees (e.g. performance reviews).
- User Access - Thesaurus Connect has the ability to set up users with restricted access, complying with the GDPR’s privacy by default, which states that you should only have access to necessary information required to complete the task at hand. With Thesaurus Connect, you can restrict users from viewing employee documents, employees marked as confidential, financial information including payslips and payroll reports and whether or not they can approve employee requests. There is also the option to restrict users to individual departments.
- Employee Personal Details - The employee can use the employee self-service to view personal information that is held in the payroll software, such as their postal address, phone number and emergency contact details. They can also update and amend these details through their self-service portal so that the employer has the most up-to-date and accurate information. This improves transparency with the employee and ensures that personal data is current and up-to-date, both of which are requirements by the GDPR.
- Annual Leave Management - Thesaurus Connect allows employees to request leave through their self-service portal and view their annual leave calendar. Again, this improves transparency with the employee, reduces email communication containing sensitive information and ensures that you have the most up-to-date information.
Many businesses are looking for better ways to keep their employee's payroll data safe and secure. By introducing Thesaurus Connect, you will be taking steps to be GDPR compliant. Book a demo today to find out how Thesaurus Connect can help you with improving GDPR compliance.
Thesaurus Payroll Software | BrightPay Payroll Software