Where a Credit Transfer Payment will fall on 1st or 2nd January 2023
Where your employees' normal pay date is due to be 1st or 2nd January 2023 and payment is due to be paid by credit transfer, Revenue will accept the pay date to be reported as the 1st or 2nd January 2023 where funds are made available to employees on the 31st December 2022 only.
- An employee’s normal pay date is due to be 2nd January 2023 – payment cannot be made on the 2nd January as it is a bank holiday
- Instead, payment will be made on 31st December 2022
- In this instance, the pay date can be reported as 2nd January 2023
- The employee's credits and rate bands will be applied for 2nd January 2023 even though payment was paid in the prior year
- The payment date on the bank file can be amended so that funds reach the employees on 31st December